This recipe idea comes from my good friend Marina of Soul in the Raw. It's absolutely delicious! This salad is just perfect served alongside my Tracy's REAL Foods Raw Buckwheat-Flax Pizza Crackers for a filling and balanced meal!
Recipe adapted by Tracy Childs
This is a raw food delight, and it's so super delicious! When you make it and eat ½ a recipe in one sitting you won’t believe you just ate ½ of an entire head of cauliflower! Because of its high veggie/water content, this recipe is very low in calories, and it's calorie density is low - 246 calories per pound!
It's great on cucumber rounds, stuffed into celery boats, or as a sandwich/with crackers. It's also awesome plain, or as part of a tossed, green salad.
Cauliflower Eggless Salad
Makes about 4-5 cups
1/2 of a large head of cauliflower, broken into florets (or one small head)
2 Persian cucumbers, cut into cubes (or one regular, peeled and cubed)
1/2 onion or a 3-4 scallions
1/ 2 bunch of dill or 1 tablespoon dried dill
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1 ripe avocado, cubed
½ teaspoon of black Indian salt (this adds that egg taste)
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
black pepper to taste
Ume Plum vinegar (optional - to taste)
Lemon Juice to taste
- Place the cubed avocado in the bottom of a mixing bowl and sprinkle lightly with lemon juice and Ume Plum vinegar. Mash it a bit.
- Put the cauliflower in the food processor, and process until you get a rice-like consistency, and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Chop the dill and scallions in the food processor and add them to the cauliflower rice along with the other veggies.
- Stir it well, and incorporate the avocado throughout. Add the black salt, nutritional yeast. Toss well.
- Chill for an hour or so to allow the flavors to meld - or just help yourself! I had fun placing in a shaped bowl as a mold, then hold a plate on top and flip it over and arrange crackers and tomato slices :)
This salt gives it an eggy taste that you won't believe until you try it.
I really enjoyed this alongside my amazing Raw Buckwheat Flax Pizza Crackers!
Steven had his as a sandwich with Ezekiel bread and also with some crackers :)