CRISPY SUNNY PARM BAKED TOFU
JUST 2-3 INGREDIENTS AND DONE IN A JIFFY!
Tofu is a protein-rich favorite world-wide but has a shorter history here in America. It’s a wonderful food to add to your diet, especially if you’re missing a firm, chewy consistency in your meals. These crispy nuggets are a great way to create the flavor and texture of fried tofu without frying. Use this tofu as a snack (ideas below) or on your stir fries, buddha bowls, tacos, etc. This recipe is also great made with veggies like potatoes, cauliflower florets or cubed zucchini instead of tofu (ideas below).
(makes about 3 cups)
1 16-oz package extra firm tofu – cut into ¾ - 1-inch cubes (press your tofu to remove excess water as needed – (see Chef’s Note)
1-2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce, Bragg's Aminos, coconut aminos, etc.
2-3 tablespoons TRACY'S REAL FOODS SUNNY PARM
Sprinkle: sesame seeds (optional)
- Preheat to 425 and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add the tofu and toss it gently with the tamari sauce.
- Add the Nut Parm on top and gently toss again to coat the tofu completely.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds if using and gently toss again.
- Pour the tofu onto the lined sheet and space the pieces apart to allow for even baking.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from the oven and if they’re still moist, return to the oven for about 5-10 more minutes or until golden and firm on the edges. Remove, cool, and use any way you like.
- Tofu varies in firmness. Some that are labeled extra-firm, still contain quite a bit of water. Other brands are quite firm and require no pressing. To press tofu, put it on the counter wrapped in towel and place some pressure on top with either your hands/weight or something slightly heavy, but be careful not to crush the tofu.
- You can also use this method to make roasted veggies like potatoes, sweet potatoes, cauliflower, zucchini, mushrooms and more. If using potatoes, parboil the cubed potatoes for about 5-7 minutes first to make sure they are cooked inside without burning while roasting.