SUNNY PARM RECIPE IDEAS
Here are a few ideas to use our NEW Sunny Parm Seasoning besides sprinkling it on EVERYTHING!
Simple Apple & Kale Salad
Need more kale in your life? Don't we all? Here's a great way to create a flavorful Simple Kale Salad whenever you want!
Makes 3 servings
1 bunch kale, washed, chopped,
a couple of squeezes of lemon
1 medium ripe avocado
2 tablespoons Sunny Parm
1 crisp red apple, sliced and then cut into bite sized pieces
Additional Sunny Parm, garnish
- Add the kale into a large bowl, add the avocado and a squeeze or two of lemon and the Hemp Parm and with clean hands, massage well to soften.
- Add the apple pieces and toss again.
- Add a sprinkle of Hemp Parm on top and serve!
Low-Fat & Cheesy Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
This recipe can be made with or without the cauliflower. Make sure you pay attention to the cooking technique! It will rock your mashed potatoes world! Use LESS water and DON'T drain!
Makes 3-4 servings
4 unpeeled medium potatoes (about 5 cups, cut)
1/2 head fresh cauliflower or 2 cups frozen cauliflower rice
water or vegetable broth
3-5 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
1-2 tablespoons Sunny Parm Seasoning
Unsweetened Non-dairy milk – about ¼-½ cup (optional)
- Cut the potatoes into ¾ inch (small bite sized) pieces
- Pour about 1 inch of water or oil-free vegetable broth into a large pot.
- Place the potatoes in the water, cover and start steaming the potatoes on high heat.
- Remove the stem from the cauliflower and cut it into 1 ½ inch pieces and immediately and carefully add the pieces on top of the potatoes (after potatoes have steamed for about 5 minutes). Add the garlic. Lower heat to medium low and cover.
- Steam for about 10 more minutes, until all veggies are soft and mashable. Add additional water or broth if the bottom begins to burn.
- Remove from heat, season with SunnyParm and mash with a potato masher to the desired consistency. A hand mixer can be used to create a fluffier result. Add non-dairy milk to moisten as needed.
- Serve with additional Sunny Parm sprinkled on top.
King Kale Parmesan
Makes 3-4 servings
This is an easy way to incorporate health-promoting kale into your diet! Tossed with Hemp Parm, you won’t even realize your body is getting so much goodness!
1 bunch curly kale
¼ cup Sunny Parm Seasoning
- Bring a medium pot of water to bowl and add a pinch of salt.
- Remove the tough stems from the kale leaves and chop the leaves into bite-sized pieces.
- After the water is boiling, immerse the chopped kale in the water for about 2 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon or drain in a colander.
- Drain the kale very well (you'll need to shake it and toss it a bit in the colander to remove excess water), place in a mixing bowl and toss well with the Hemp Parm Seasoning.
- Serve with a little more Hemp Parm sprinkled on top.
Roasted No-Oil Sunny-Parm Cauliflower Bites
Cauliflower is so moist when cooked, there is absolutely no need for oil. I’m warning you, you will want to eat the entire tray – these are that yummy! Be sure to save some of the cauliflower aside, to eat raw to reactivate the cancer-fighting enzymes in cruciferous veggies!
1 head cauliflower, cut into 1-3 inch florets
1-2 tablespoons water or unsweetened plant milk
2-3 tablespoons Sunny Parm
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Line a baking pan with parchment or lightly grease.
- Place the cauliflower florets into a large bowl and moisten with water. Toss well. This helps the Sunny Parm stick.
- Sprinkle with Sunn Parm and toss again.
- Place the cauliflower on the pan in a single layer, and place in the oven
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
- Remove and serve.
Leave a comment