Here's a simple and fool-proof way to make delicious guacamole every time!
This guacamole is an EXCELLENT topping for our delicious Spicy Black Bean Savory Bites! You might want to make a meal from these alone!
Tracy's GO-TO Family Guacamole
1 ripe avocado - cubed
juice of 1/2 lime (or more as needed)
Spike Seasoning to taste
Chili Lime Seasoning (Trader Joe's) to taste
Garlic Powder to taste
1-2 tablespoons of your favorite salsa (I like Trader Joe's Organic Chunky or Costco's Organic Salsa (not pico de gallo/raw))
chopped cilantro, onions, radishes, tomatoes - optional and to taste
1. IMPORTANT - Scoop the avocado into a bowl. Don't mash right away.
2. Squeeze the lime juice over the cubes of avocado. Putting the lime on BEFORE smashing helps the guacamole remain green for longer
3. Mash the avocado and lime juice to desired consistency. We like it a bit chunky.
4. Sprinkle on your seasonings and salsa to taste
5. Sprinkle on some chopped cilantro. Here you can also add freshly chopped onion, tomatoes, radishes - for extra crunch, but we usually keep it really simple.
6. Stir and serve immediately. Refrigerate left-overs in a full, sealed container with a bit of lime juice sprinkled on top. (If there are any left-overs that is).