- THEY TASTE AMAZING!
- THEY ARE EASIER TO DIGEST THAN OTHER LEGUMES
- THEY ARE QUICK COOKING
- NATURALLY LOADED WITH PROTEIN AND FIBER.
- PACKED WITH VITAMINS AND MINERALS.
- NATURALLY LOW IN FAT.
- AWESOME FOR DIGESTIVE HEALTH.
- SUPER SATISFYING.
This is the way I cook lentils to use in my products! Soaking causes them to sprout which increases nutrition availability, also making them easier to digest and quicker cooking. One of my very favorite everyday recipes using lentils is Curried Lentil Pilaf with Tart Cherries - including a VIDEO of me preparing it!
1 cup green/brown lentils
1. In a medium pot, add the lentils and cover them with water by about 2-3 inches.
2. Allow the lentils to soak for about 2-3 hours.
3. Drain the lentils and return them to the pan, then cover them with water by about 1 inch.
4. Bring them to a boil, reduce to simmer and allow them to cook until tender for about 10-15 minutes.