Chia pudding is so easy to make and delicious! Chia seeds are high in proteins fiber and omega-3 fatty acids which are excellent for brain and heart health, not to mention anti-inflammatory.
You can make this and go on to make an amazing Berry Chia Parfait! See below and don't forget to include our Buckwheat Cinnamon Crunch Granola and either Mighty Mocha or Double Chocolate Cookies for a really amazing treat! Yummmmm!
Berry Chia Parfait
Makes 2 parfaits
Mixed Berry Chia Pudding, chilled
1 frozen banana, sliced (or fresh is OK)
1/2 cup mango cubes
1/4 cup toasted rolled oats
1-2 Mighty Mocha or Double Chocolate Cookies Split in half
1. Place a tablespoon or two of the Mixed Berry Chia Pudding into the bottom of two parfait glasses.
2. Place in a few banana slices and some mango.
3. Top that with some toasted rolled oats, then more pudding.
4. Keep layering until it's full and then top each serving with a few pieces of granola, a half of cookie, more banana slices and a few blackberries.
Mixed Berry Chia Pudding
Makes about 3 cups or 6 ½ cup servings
2 cups non-dairy milk - how about this SIMPLE RECIPE for Hemp Oat Milk!
2-3 tablespoons pitted dates
2 cups mixed berries (can be frozen)
1/3 - ½ cup chia seeds
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Add the ingredients to your blender in the order given (don't add the chia seeds first, they may clump. Blend all ingredients, starting with 1/3 cup chia seeds. Test thickness for pudding. If it’s not thick enough, add the rest of the chia seeds and blend again, until smooth. Place in a bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for an hour or two to chill, but it’s ready to eat right away!
- Serve with assorted toppings – toasted rolled oats, granola, toasted pumpkin seeds, coconut, nuts, fresh or dried fruit. Use to make a delicious parfait with frozen banana slices as the “cream!”